Billing Entity for Mental Health
Billing Entity for Mental Health Enrollment Criteria and Forms
To enroll as a billing entity for mental health with Minnesota Health Care Programs (MHCP), the entity must have at least one of the following enrolled MHCP providers in the group:
- Clinical nurse specialist (CNS) in mental health
- Licensed independent clinical social worker (LICSW)
- Licensed marriage and family therapist (LMFT)
- Licensed professional clinical counselor (LPCC)
- Licensed psychologist (LP)
- Psychiatric nurse practitioner (NP)
- Psychiatry or osteopathic physician
- Mental health rehabilitative professional
- Tribal certified professionals
To enroll with MHCP, the entity must complete and submit the following:
- Enrollment forms:
- For children’s therapeutic services and supports (CTSS) and adult rehabilitative mental health services (ARHMS): MHCP provider screening fee payment confirmation or proof the fee was paid to another state or Medicare
- Copy of CTSS or ARMHS certification letter
Review and keep a copy of the MHCP Data Privacy Notice (DHS-6287) (PDF).
Fax all forms to MHCP Provider Eligibility and Compliance at 651-431-7462. We process forms in date order received. Allow 30 days for processing. If we need more information to complete your enrollment, we will send a notice or letter telling you what we need or what you need to do to complete your enrollment.
MHCP is required to follow the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) final federal provider screening regulations.
Refer to Revalidation in the Provider Screening Requirements section of the MHCP Provider Manual for more information about how to complete your revalidation.
Report any changes made on a provider record to MHCP Provider Eligibility and Compliance. Refer to the Change of Enrollment Information in the Provider Requirements section of the MHCP Provider Manual for details.
42CFR 440.60 Medical or other remedial care provided by licensed practitioners
Holt Law provides representation in this area for a reasonable flat fee.